If you have a HP 7550 printer and need to install the printer without the installation disks, you will need to install the printer drivers online so that the printer can be used. It will take 30 minutes or longer, depending on your Internet connection, to download and install the drivers. Even if you have very little computer experience, you can easily do this yourself.
1. Unplug the printer USB cable from the computer.
2. Find the drivers at the HP website in the Reference section. On the first page, select the operating system that you use on the computer. The operating systems to choose from are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & and Windows 2000 systems and Mac OS X and Mac OS 9 (Linux is not supported on the site). Click on the operating system to go to the next page.
3. Select the language you need and move down the page until you see "Driver." Click the "Download" button.
4. Select "Save File" when the pop-up window opens. Save the file to your desktop so that you can find it easily. Allow the file to download to the computer. When the file has completely downloaded, go to your desktop, find the file and double-click it.
5. Follow the prompts to install the drivers. After the drivers are installed, you will be prompted to plug the USB cable into the computer.